PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 21st Apr 2011, 17:35
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Well Butler, you will end up being banned from this thread if you post off subject.

Maudie,
I am so sorry for you, sometimes on E/F our bids go a bit wrong. It does take a while to get used to it and then, even then, you can put in an identical bid to the month before, and end up with a totally different roster.

The system on E/F and M/F is supposed to be working to give everyone at least 60 % of what they want. (it's different at LGW, as they have some seniority taken into account). Many E/F crew who get bad rosters talk to Scheduling as one of them is expert at understanding the bid; and if you book an appointment with her, she goes through it with you and explains where you may be going wrong. Sorry but I have forgotten her name but give them a ring and ask for help. Occasionally, if they can see that you got nothing you bid for, they sometimes can amend your roster if trips exist in the system.

I did think it was strange that they gave M/F so many short flights all at once, they are all so short, even E/F crew, who are used to short flights struggle to get the drinks done sometimes. Good luck and I hope you get your roster amended. I actually love those little sectors and if you have some night-stops in among them Manchester and Amsterdam were very popular on E/F for going out in.

If you didn't want to contact scheduling, I'd be happy to give you some tips on bidding if you wanted. PM me and next time we are in the CRC together, I'd be happy to explain it to you as I think the principle of the bid is the same for M/F and E/F.

Good luck.