PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brymon - This is unfair!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2001, 03:06
skysoarer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After reading this thread I do think Scroggs was right to insert the reality check and I certainly support him as being a good knowledgeable moderator.

Remember the pilot shortage, as I've heard again and again, is of type-rated pilots with 1000's hours experience. Ok this *may* spur on more sponsorship schemes but, in my opinion, will probably spark a package war where airlines try to tempt crews from other airlines. Its a stupid sounding thing like that that'll probably happen.

From what I have looked at, I would personally go for the integrated approach due to the college-like atmos which will make you work like crazed students with a learning complex. I would only go for a modular route if I could run through it in an integrated type timescale. For any type of learning, repetition in a small time scale reinforces the knowledge in your brain and this is what the airlines may also think; perhaps thats why they favour integrated.

BUT, even if I had trained modular I would still apply; give them a call and discuss the situation, there maybe some flexibility and you shouldn't draw the line at the advert.

Regards

SS

BTW: Remember what the Gulf War did to airline sponsorships at the time, the market just died overnight! Now think what may happen if the trouble in the middle-east really does spark and end up involving our forces...

[ 28 July 2001: Message edited by: skysoarer ]