PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 21st Apr 2011, 11:36
prism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rowone we do try to engage with you but the whole lay out of CRC is not condusive and MF huddle around one desk next to the Ops desks. With all the other fleets you will see the CSDs sat at CTM desks working alongside and at other empty computer positions in other areas. MF needs to spread it's wings. I know of only 1 CSM who preps in the CSD area and there must be about 70 CSMs by now if not more. As CSM's you could learn alot from prepping at the CSD desks as dont forget many CSD's are trainers, selectors ex fleet managers, ex duty managers etc etc from lots of different experiances within BA and International competitors.

I don't think we should be leading our crew on MF to expect changes in pay as the pay structure on MF is the new BA pay scale. We last changed the scales in 1997 and those are now only valid for existing crew.All new entrants to BA cabin crew will be to these new simpler scales. A working agreement could be established to enure greater protections / benefits eg If I were a CSM I would be encouraging for an amendment to ensure all long haul flights trigger 1 day off as this would help with rest and Duty of Care. There are many of us out here who like yourself joined a new fleet to help foster a new era . 2000 of us were the original Midfleet but for reasons ln the past were disbanded after 5 years so have experiances many of the challenges you are.

People joining BA must read their contract before signing them as each persons situation is different.

I hope you will encourage your teams and fellow CSMs to start moving into the senior crew areas in CRC and then we may be able to break down some of the barriers that may or may not be there and learn from each other for the benefit of everyone.