PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Apr 2011, 13:17
Ops_Room_Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As with my very young children, there comes a time when you have to call time out in a debate that is too complex for them to comprehend. It is good to debate but sometimes young children are unable to remember their original stance and the lies they previously told. When they do this you find you are suddenly trying to debate an issue that has changed from its original topic.

At this point, I have to advise my children that the debate is over.
Don't feed these trolls anymore, it is a waste of your breath. BASSA, like my children, now need to go and watch the TV or play with their toys (if they can find them after they threw them out of their pram) whilst the grown ups actually go about the difficult decisions of sorting the household budget.

All of us outside BASSA (who now change their original position as it can maybe save them face and make them look macho) know this was about cost savings and not union busting. HOWEVER, we all also know there was a single union in BA that needed to understand IT does NOT run BA's business. They are their to represent their staff and try and negotiate their terms and conditions but NOT to dictate to the Management Team, CEO and other departments how BA should be run and what our brand may be allowed to be. However, due to their intransigence and reluctance to accept any meaningful and long term changes to their jobs (which are at the forefront of our brand) without being paid extra money and given more staff (both which increase costs on top of the capital required to invest in the brand initially). They needed to change their attitude, otherwise this saga will run and run and every time BA wants to change even the most minor part of their on board product, they are disabled by having to go cap-in-hand to the BASSA reps first (not the crew, they get no choice. They are dictated to by those with the most and the most to loose).

How then can anyone inside the BASSA bubble think for even a single moment that this does not affect EVERY employee of BA is beyond contempt. Would you expect me to stand by idly doing nothing if a group of louts starting attacking my family? To say well, they not attacking me are they, it's not my fight. Of course it is, if some group attack something you care about, know about, wish to succeed and have a vested financial and emotional interest in, of course its your business. To suggest otherwise makes me angrier than ANY of ALL the other BASSA stories - and there are a lot to choose from!

BA are my family, I love working for BA. I want BA to succeed, I want to continue doing what I do but also knowing that to do so I will have to compromise on things as the business changes. The same choice put to crew but they refused to accept this, we have all taken the pain but do so as we are looking towards the longer game and not reacting to scare tactics put out by a union to gain support and continue it's subs/profits rolling in.

You have achieved nothing but pain and suffering for your members, other BA employees (who have every right to disagree with your lies and tactics) BA shareholders, BA customers. If you are lucky you may get back what you had when you started this nonsense, and by doing so claim you have won.
Idiocy!

You continue to put the blame at a CEO that had a job to do and a job that frankly one that many of us wished previous CEO’s had done years ago and that was simply to take back control of the business. To let it be run by the management team for the shareholder, the customer and the whole staff group. Not run by BASSA reps for the benefit of WW CSD’s.

There are many thousands of BA staff and not just the 5000 BASSA members that have say in this.

This was always about cost savings and putting BA in control of running it’s own business and being able to make changes as the world markets change so we can keep up with other airlines. If BASSA had been a progressive union that work with, rather than against, the company then union busting would never have been needed. BA got their cost savings and lets all pray they have killed this 70’s union off in the process!

Last edited by Ops_Room_Junkie; 20th Apr 2011 at 13:24. Reason: typo