PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Apr 2011, 07:19
Juan Tugoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think some of the posts here demonstrate a worrying form of early Alzheimers or at least a re -writing of history
Sadly not the least of which are your own. For example you say

BA pilots fail to mention how their OpenSkies action was injuncted by BA
The truth is that BA never took out an injunction preventing BALPA from striking over OpenSkies, indeed it was BALPA itself that took legal advice and decided that it would not strike. The legal issue has not gone away, the principle of Companies Rights having more weight than an individuals Human Rights will come to the ECHRs at some stage, BALPA did not have deep enough pockets to persue it. Unlike BASSA they were not willing to place their members in a position where they could be dismissed or become financially liable.

It has taken Walsh so long with his failed strategy, he has had to move on to another job!!
Spin this any way you want, Walsh got promoted, he is KWs boss and if he decided to take an interest could dictate how BA proceed. The fact that BA have the cost savings they needed and far far more means that he does not have to micro manage this situation. Furthermore the demonisation of WW as a tyrant weakens the argument, he is a business man and he dealt successfully and well with all the unions bar BASSA, strange that for a union buster, this argument is a typical toddlers argument; "everyone else is wrong other than me."

There is a strike mandate by the way, up there like an albatross, as some of you appear to have forgotten. If the talks fail, the strike goes ahead and most of you on this thread can eat your words again.
I don't think that there are any that have forgotten that there is a strike mandate still extant, indeed the only reason it is still out there is because BA granted an extension to the mandate. Many would rather that they hadn't, many would rather have seen whether UNITE allowed BASSA to strike again. Incidently you have failed to answer my question. What will another strike achieve that 22 days of striking has so far failed to achieve? Can you answer that? Is the answer too painful to contemplate?

I would happily see BASSA strike and suffer the consequences, they need to lose and know that they have lost. They have already lost they just cannot accept it yet . This is now all about trying to get back to what they had before the first strike, the principle of imposition still stands, MF are here and nothing, I repeat NOTHING that BASSA went on strike for originally will be returned.

Faith is believe in the absence of facts and evidence. Keep the Faith, it is all you have left.