PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Apr 2011, 06:47
I.A.T.U. Butler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think some of the posts here demonstrate a worrying form of early Alzheimers, even prosody, or just a simple a re -writing of history.

The level of support and commitment over 22 days of strike action showed that BASSA and its members stood up to a tyrannical CEO who ruthlessly attempted to bust the union. It has taken Walsh so long with his failed strategy, he has had to move on to another job!! What a success. He could at least have had the courtesy to clean up his own mess.

And since the appointment of Keith Williams, in a move Vladimir Putin would no doubt empathise with, there does at least appear to be a chance of peace. For instance, Walsh refused to meet or negotiate with any of the BASSA committee, a decision now reversed by Keith Willaims.

Many posters here have been wrong about the resolve of the cabin crew to get a fair and honourable settlement. Some here are so desperate at point scoring, they even bring up BA's successful injuncting of ballots, but then fail to mention the one that was overturned on appeal. Thanks to BA's perverse use of the legal system to utilise tiny indiscretions in the balloting process to void a democratic ballot, the RMT have now had a judgement where that avenue has now been closed to the likes of BA and London Transport. But of course, BA pilots fail to mention how their OpenSkies action was injuncted by BA, when they were using QC John Hendy, the same legal team as BASSA. Remember how you bottled out of that action guys?

There is a strike mandate by the way, up there like an albatross, as some of you appear to have forgotten. If the talks fail, the strike goes ahead and most of you on this thread can eat your words again.

However after a period of intelligent and successful negotiations, I am anticipating an elegant resolution to this dispute.