PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Apr 2011, 03:23
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add that someone on this forum, probably Carnage Matey/Wibblystream, said in the later part of 2009, that at the first sign of industrial action..." all the cabin crew will be down at the doctor's practicing their coughs".

The expectation was that the strike would quickly be beaten.

Didn't quite work out like that, did it?
Because BA have achieved what they set out to achieve, fair cost savings from all departments. Usual BASSA tactic of grab a quote, attach it to someone with a reasoned argument and twist their name!

The ability of BASSA to utilise its one and only weapon, the strike, has, effectively, been neutered. BASSA can ballot until the cows come home but the likelyhood of more actual action is very, very low. A Union with no ability? How useful.

To quote a crew member overheard on the bus after a trip, back when Duncan was playing on his bouncy castle at Bedfont, 'I voted for IA, I've got a day off tomorrow so I'll go down to Bedfont to show my support'

With that level of support and commitment BASSA are powerless.

Enjoy your self attached 'victory', as usual BASSA hardliners are the only ones who see it that way. More positive spin than Alistair Campbell.