PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2011, 16:23
Cactus225

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey launchpad,

Thats quite an inspiring post there. Good to know that there are still jobs out there in Africa.

Its really sad the way people just jump straight from 152s n 172s to the 737s and 320s. most have my friends from the flying club have done that. (lets pretend they did it out of sheer hard work and big daddy's influence and money didnt have anything to do with it.)

However, I just want to fly a nice slow turboprop over a beautiful country and enjoy the flights staying away from busy airports and airspaces. Africa seems to be the place to do just that.
Problem is that I just have 263 hrs TT, FAA CPL on a PA34-200T, CFI is not an option cause I am not an american and they dont take outsiders. And I cant afford a trip down to Africa without any real leads to follow on.

You mentioned something about Tanzania being a place where they take on expats, is 263 hours TT enough to qualify for such jobs?

Since you are out there in Africa right now, I am sure you are aware about job market there, I would appreciate if you could advise me about my predicament. PM me if possible.

Thanks.