PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 19th Apr 2011, 16:15
Juan Tugoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I.A.T.U. Butler

It seems that we fundamentally disagree in how we view the sucess or otherwise of WW's strategy and indeed whether it was a union busting one. Furthermore, you assertion that there will be a need to blame someone within the management by the management is not one I can see the logic in. That is, I guess perhaps something that will never change, you believe what you believe after examining the facts, I take a different viewpoint and that is all reasonable.

"BASSA members are ready to strike again if need be" - again, this can be seen as admirable, sticking to your principles despite everything. What I don't understand, and perhaps you can help me with, is why? What will striking achieve this time that striking has failed to achieve so far. BA has shown that it will carry on regardless and the strike will not achieve your aims, indeed it is likely to cost the strikers, as it did last time, for no gain. So why are BASSA members so ready to strike for no gain? I simply cannot understand why. Perhaps you can explain.

Regards

JT