PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 19th Apr 2011, 15:32
I.A.T.U. Butler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demomonkey. The facts are that BA and a VCC army have not been able to destroy BASSA or the spirit of its members. That is why BA can no longer continue with Walsh's union busting agenda. It has failed miserably.

The legacy at BA as at Aer Lingus, is a company racked with industrial relations problems, but worse in some aspects, as Aer Lingus pilots did not get involved in the cabin crew dispute there. In fact quite the opposite, they supported their cabin crew.

Now after spending a fortune flying in VCC's from around the world, chartering fleets of aircraft during the strikes and the hundreds of millions lost in forward bookings, someone needs to take responsibility for this strategy. However as before with the T5 fiasco, scapegoats will be found elsewhere. I know exactly in IFCE who this is likely to be. I am not going to put a name up here, other wise the mods will delete this post.

So it is nearly all over. BASSA members are ready to strike again if need be, but with the rather more emollient Mr Williams at the helm of BA, a settlement is within grasp.