PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People's opinions on the integrated route and flight schools...
Old 19th Apr 2011, 11:43
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cesc,
Flying is a wonderful activity, I will long remember the day in my training when on cold, crappy, grey, miserable, rainy day I was pre-flighting my aircraft and wondering what on earth I was doing this for, only to burst through cloud at FL80 into bright sunshine.....It really focusses the mind and seeing the sun every day really does brighten the day (no pun intended)

However, I cannot agree any more with what Redsnail has told you. It is seriously on the money...it is exactly right and you would be foolish to ignore it.

Seriously - minimise the debt you take - whatever training route you go through doesn't matter. Work for a couple of years, it will help minimise your exposure, but almost AS importantly knowing the drudgery of a 9-5 office job may help focus your mind on this being what you REALLY want to do. Int Vs Mod has been done to death - read the stickies at the top of the forum. The only thing I'd say is my own personal crusade, but it understand fully the costs of BOTH routes AND which way suits the wway you want to train before you decide. Going integrated if you can't stand that regimented way of learning will be horrible, whereas saving £20k by going mod but struggling with the ATPLs because it's the wrong way for you is equally dumb. [and also understand there's a whole range of products that do a bit of both]