PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People's opinions on the integrated route and flight schools...
Old 19th Apr 2011, 11:19
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
No worries, were you tested for colour blindness? Make sure you have that one sorted out before spending a penny/cent/drachma. No latent diabetes lurking there?

Fair enough, re being busy but I would definitely take the time out to do it.
Have you had a trial lesson yet? May as well see if you enjoy it.

Ok, sounds like you're going for a massive loan then. I know you're 17 (according to your profile) and every thing has to happen right now or else you'll miss out. Trust me, you have time. I would seriously consider waiting 1 year before committing to a very intensive course. (Assuming you bin the uni idea. I worked in one for 8 1/2 years, no one matures at uni doing a 3 year generalist degree...)

Get a job. Do any thing. Labouring, working in a bar, working in the FBO, whatever. You'll need the money and the discipline of getting up and going to work etc will stand you in good stead. Also, it's a breather in between your school life and your rapidly approaching adult life. It'll definitely help you read between the bullsh!t sales pitch and the truth too.

There's probably not going to be much recruitment for low houred guys for the next 2-3 years so there's no rush. Your eyes have probably glazed over at some old fart who doesn't know what she's talking about banging on about the youth blah blah blah. I have the job you want. My husband has the other.

Good luck

*I don't count Ryanair and easyJet contractor positions as full time permanent employee jobs.