PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France jet clips smaller plane at New York's JFK airport
Old 19th Apr 2011, 08:05
Annex14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clunkdriver

I am glad that with all the sophistication going on in nowadays world people havenīt found a way to fumble on the "North Atlantic Oscillation". Now and than even in those Gulf Stream pampered states on the other side of the pond real winter occures !!
Glad for you and your fellow companions in your homecountry that you are used to and trained to master such events.

By the way "Third World" can happen everywhere, needs only few components.
Just to remind those having English as there mother tongue, ICAO regulations mention a total of 6 languages to be used in aviation fields, English, Arabic,Chinese,French, Russian and Spanish.
Of course it is legal to use these languages in their native environment, as practice and experience shows to many of those flying around in this world.
And therefore, who in the world is brave ?? enough to expect that those used to speak a different language can not easily brought to their linguistic limits???
My experience has told me spending few more seconds for clear and understood instructions can save many minutes of otherwise needed time.
Jo