PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Pilot assist college
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2001, 19:00
kangy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

yes well, another day, here we go again!

hi to civil & ace again by the way...
as far as a % goes civil, they charge less than a grand for their services, no bull, cards are laid out on the table. Not something like 10k which I think everyone imagines! You refer to the fact that like all the other FTO's out there, they're only out there to get your money... I can understand why you're so cynical as I said in an earlier post, most of the FTO's out there are out to get your money, but for some insane crazy reason, these guys I think honestly want to get you to an airline & help you on your way, call it the 'old school' way of doing things! Unfortunately jobs in this industry isn't all about having the licence, the hours & availability, just like the media industry its all about who you know as well. Most of my FO & Capt friends have got their job by playing a round of golf, a drink in a bar etc etc! (one even by getting married to an ex wife of a Capt!!!!)

Ace, fair enuff you've got your concerns, & your own opinion. oh yeah CAP509? that went out quite a long time ago! (have you done your homework?) & just a small tip (ps not meant to be sarcastic or anything!!!!) have a chat with a few training captains from the airlines (as I have done) & a fair number of them will tell you that, fair enough a FI ticket with 1500 hours is great, but more often than not, they've also got about 1000hrs worth of bad habits which they've now gotta get them out of even before they start training them on a 737!

Well this will be the last post on this subject from me, I refuse to get into a playground fight over peoples different opinions! I really do wish you all the best of luck getting to the airlines Ace, but you'll soon find out theres a very very long way to go.

In reply to your final section... you wont have to wait 12 months, I will personally hope to tell you the good news before that!