PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France jet clips smaller plane at New York's JFK airport
Old 18th Apr 2011, 19:17
Annex14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too much again ??

I am really sorry that some of the members in this thread felt "stepped on their toes" or as is a phrase "I came too close to someones house" with my choosen wording in the previous post.

I am well aware of the differences on the two sides of the Radio/RADAR. Imagination also stretches far enough to understand the problems and concerns on the airborne side of my former business. Thats why there is still great respect and appreciation about the professionalism practiced.

Never the less, I think it is not undue to point to obvious information that may have played a major or attributive role in the event that is discussed in this thread.

I fully underwrite, using a phrase again, that "caution and vigilance are the better part of heroism" Means, of cause it is pilots task not to run into an obstacle - if !!!! he has a chance to realize there is something in his way.

But in the case at hand, even before an investigation has shown any final facts and responsibilties, a whole thunderstorm - thats my opinion - of uncomfortable comments are hailing on those AF pilots.

Finally, I think I can imagine the stress and the probably uncomfortable working conditions on a TWR like KJFK. Wouldn´t like to swap!!
Still, in times where even small countries allow themself the luxury of Aerodrome Radar, on an major aerodrome like JFK there should be no point of invisible parts of the Manoeuvring Area.