PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ruckus on Jetstar Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2011, 23:28
S70IP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All,

I have travelled extensively in the United States and trust me what we have to deal with in Australia is a mouse poo sized issue compared to the United States. Many flights that I have been on in the US involves starting the boarding process for a 737-800 at push back -40. Passengers bring on there huge "carry on" bags and the lockers are chockers. Boarding in 4 or 5 groups depending upon a number of factors such as how much you paid for the ticket, frequent flyer, etc.

It has become the norm over there, part of the culture of air travel. With the delays, changes, oversold flights, standby system, everything means the traveller must remain flexible. The old rule is never get separated from your baggage. You can chop and change as you get stuffed around.

Strict enforcement of a policy, a law, a term and condition will mean that it will become acceptable, the norm.

Australia has 23 million people. The US 300 million. We need continued investment in infrastructure and fair and reasonable rules that give the customer, and employees the powers to enforce their rights and obligations.

The average Australian "Bogan" now travels often enough to now what he or she can get away with. Stop hiding fees and hidden extras. Keep the airfare system simple. Simple, just like the people that pay for the ticket.