PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ruckus on Jetstar Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2011, 05:36
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Almighty $

Sadly in many cases it comes down to $$$$

Lost count of the number of times I'd snag an oversize bag either at the gate (if boarding) or onboard, send it to the ground crew and they'd either say they didn't have the manpower to do it (one of them had to be present for boarding & couldn't take it to the hold) the cargo hold was "already closed" or *I* would incur the delay to the cabin crew if they took the bag underneath (haha fat chance & nice try love)

The other 'excuse' would be them trying to tell me that this pax was a Platinum FF or whatever & I shouldn't upset them. Mate, I don't give a stuff if you're ALan Joyce, if your bag is too big it's too damn big!!!

The problem is the same with airlines outside of Oz. I wanted to offload a bag which I guessed easily weighed in the 20kg range the other day, the ground staff couldn't give a toss so what did the in-charge do? Took it & stowed it in business class as the pax was a high-tier FF!!!!

Your head cracks the same when hit by a massive bag in turbulence whether you fly once a year or every day!!!

Madness. Someone is going to be killed one day & when they are CASA & the airlines are going to cop it for negligence.

If you're too cheap to pay excess baggage fees for all your then you shouldn't be flying.