PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mass exodus at TAM
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2011, 02:23
TOFFAIR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I happen to know that tam really did hire guys direct to 767, as far as I know FOs, but it was never published anywhere, mostly they were indicated by someone (QI) and previously rated on the 767. I was told company wanted to hire FOs directly on 330 and even possibly to 777 and DECs to the A320, but their union have the company prevented from doing so. But pressure seems to be growing from investors side to get management to do what deems nescessary to assure the planes be fitted with crews...
For those who are foreigners trying to get a job in Brazil, I think it might be possible for you to get a job if you do what it takes to get it, this might include a long time waiting, some crappy jobs, and I understand those who get frustrated on the way. I seriously believe the country will open for expats sometime soon, but if it happens right the way, guess what will happen: companies would take advantage by not paying TRs anymore, T&Cs would go down, I would expect most companies turning into something comparable to COPA, does anybody want this?
Speaking Portuguese will probably be nescessary to fly domestically for a while. I tried to talk English with the tower in SBPS today, havent even got any aswer, then switched to Portuguese... I think Blue panorama will start flying there next month! A controller from Curitiba center this week couldnt tell below from above "fly under FL200"! I experience situations like this everytime!
But to come back to the issue of the post< how many are to leave tam?