PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet New Ab-initio scheme :)
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2011, 19:07
ct8282

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting. Just been reading through the FAQ's again and things do seem to have changed a little. They have indeed removed the total values covering accommodation costs but do still mention that this needs to be factored in to overall costings.

However, when you consider that the A320 type training is also included in the total cost is this really too different to any other integrated course? Bear in mind that OAA's APP Integrated course is £72k (most FTO's are similar for integrated courses) and dosen't include a type rating it's actually all a much of a muchness after all, if not slightly better value for money! And in theory the MPL should see you right into the RHS of the Airbus and at a higher salary? Hmmm, starting to become more compelling the more I think about it.

However, I hate the way they keep referring to the selection process as a competition. I realise that's exactly what it is but just don't think it's productive to talk about it in the way they do....

"Please take appropriate care and check carefully for grammatical and spelling errors before you submit; remember, this is a competition where careless errors may count against you".