PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fakers, fakers everywhere!
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2011, 12:50
homesick rae
Aluminum Tubing Inspector
Aluminum Tubing Inspector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fakers in other areas of the Industry too...

Whilst on the subject of fakers, I was rather unfortunate to do some consulting work for a now defunct Aerospace/ Aviation recruitment company. I was paid and had several overseas trips and had a reasonably enjoyable time for a few months. I know you have to start somewhere but I was appalled that the owner of the company was masquerading as, not just, a recruitment professional but also an aviation and aerospace professional! He got away with it and milked money from several unsuspecting organisations which he then used to fund the next round of business trips. He also acted as an interim HR Manager for one of the exec operations in the UAE. He could certainly write the book, "How to Blag Your Way In Aerospace/ Aviation Recruitment!" Needless to say the "company" (it was only him really and few ad-hoc staff) went bust last year and he was soon in the role of MD for one of the many aerospace consortiums. I have recently found out that he is now Head of Ops at a reputable staffing organisation and it just makes me wonder - how the heck do these people get away with it for so long??? No naming and shaming but beware of the silver surfer who knows more about fruit than he does our industry