PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 15th Apr 2011, 14:14
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Snas,
It went a bit further than that, this is an extract from the version that the union had to agree to.

''Certain employees who have been dismissed and who have already exhausted the appeal process, whose name appears in the confidential annex to this agreement (a ‘Processed Employee’) or ‘Relevant Employees’ who refuse to compromise any dispute related claims will still have the option of having their claim dealt with under the ACAS arbitration scheme, but British Airways reserves its right not to comply with a reinstatement / re-engagement order for such employees, if one is made.''

''Therefore it is British Airways position that the offer is made on the basis that it is conditional on there being no breach of contract claims from employees that are directly or indirectly connected with the dispute or the subsequent industrial action. If following acceptance of the offer an employee pursues a breach of contract claim or continues to pursue such a claim, despite the terms of this offer, British Airways may withdraw the benefits set out in the offer and withdraw non contractual and discretionary staff travel from the employee who has pursued or intends to pursue that claim.''

I am not saying that the above is wrong, I am just saying that those sacked Bassa reps would hardly want to accept this and see it as fair.

Anyway, I do understand what you are saying and I am sure the new agreement will also ask for the union to not take legal action, but I would bet it is worded in a different manner to the above extracts!! As you know I am not a fan of Bassa but I can understand why they were unhappy with these clauses.

Jetset lady,
Unfortunately you come accross as being a bit bitter.

I don't apologise for wanting Mixed Fleet crew to have workable roster and a decent living and I don't follow why wanting to keep my terms and conditions means that they can't have a reasonable salary as promised by BA, market rate plus 10%.

You are always saying, how no one at LHR cared about LGW, which terms you all, by the way, voted to accept; but when someone actually does care about the terms and conditions of Mixed Fleet, you choose to criticize them.