PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 15th Apr 2011, 13:30
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well this is very welcome news.

No. It's not. Who are we trying to kid. Let's face it, nothing has really changed. EF and WW still have most of their agreements plus the top up payment at LHR for those that wanted it. We at Gatwick trundle on in the background as usual. And MF are trying to find their feet in amongst all of the hand-wringing and angst from some over their salary/rosters. The very same salary/rosters that make the above possible!

Meanwhile, the company seem to be more worried about appearing in the media as a "caring, sharing" employer than they are about actually standing up to this mess of a union and saying enough! Yes, the majority of our passengers that frequent this and other aviation forums seem, generally, unconcerned about the never ending threat of disruption but your average person in the street, booking their 2 weeks in the sun is obviously and understandably, going to think twice.

Surely I can't be the only person the is thoroughly and totally fed up with this? Come on Unite. Your members have told you that they want to strike. So do it. Call the dates. No more extensions. No more ballots. No more "talk". They want to strike, so let them!

I read it the same way. No doubt there will be a few posters who want to flag wave on the destruction of Bassa, for whatever motive, but life will go on.
Sorry, Litebulbs. I guess that'll be me then. I don't want to see the destruction of the union but I would like BA to stop providing get out clauses and make them follow through on their threats and take the consequences of their actions. Maybe I'm wrong. I often am. But this particular dispute has been going on for over 2 years.....

Last edited by jetset lady; 15th Apr 2011 at 13:55.