PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 15th Apr 2011, 12:17
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty

I read it the same way. No doubt there will be a few posters who want to flag wave on the destruction of Bassa, for whatever motive, but life will go on.

More and more employees will start to see that the job is not a way of life, but where you come in, do your bit, then go home and you will see more of that when the workforce becomes more transient. There will be no mutually beneficial need for the business to succeed or fail, as there will be plenty of other jobs out there paying the same salary, either market rate or minimum wage.

Obviously this gives a huge saving in labour cost, but what will be interesting to see, is if the product varies over time. I have my views on what I see when I compare scheduled to charter and loco's as a passenger, but I very rarely fly in anything other than the main cabin. Time will tell on how selective the recruitment process will be or if any standard of recruitment will change. The only feedback I have seen on these new crew, has been positive, but that is just from reading on here and elsewhere on the net.