PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet New Ab-initio scheme :)
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2011, 07:59
Complete Wannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am an aspiring wannabe looking to break into the industry and EZY scheme has caught my attention. To serve as a back up I did a degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters in Sustainable Energy, I now have a job with a booming company and on a program that is intended to propel me into middle management in a short space of time, with the goal being senior management in 10 years or so. I am on a much better salary than a new FO would be with pretty much no debt hanging over me. The company are paying for me to travel throughout the group internationally, it really is a great set up.

But its not what I want.

I covet the idea of getting into the RHS of a plane and working my way up to being captain. Its all I ever wanted. I'm not a sucker for the BS that FTO's throw at me. I'll be very wary before I commit to anything and do as much research as I can.
@bangout: The last thing us new fish want to do is undermine your profession by accepting appalling terms and conditions. I know you have worked hard to get where you are and deserve the salary and T&C's of days of old, but how else are the likes of me supposed to break into the industry. The FTO's and airlines have us by the short and curlies; they know our desire to get into the industry and, as pointed out before, the accountants that run the FTO's and airlines play on this to crunch down their expenditure and increase their recovery by offering us awful conditions at insanely high prices.

If I was to go for this scheme unfortunately Daddy has no money either so I'd have to back myself. I'm leaning towards 27 and would like to be trained and flying before I want to settle a bit and do the whole family and wife thing in my early 30's, so thieving schemes like the one's on offer seem to be my only chance of getting into the industry.

If there's a solution to boycotting these types of schemes and still landing a job, and not joining the thousands of inexperienced unemployed pilots, I'm all ears. I welcome any thoughts or criticism!