PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia attacked
Thread: Saudia attacked
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2002, 08:39
bugg smasher
quidquid excusatio prandium pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbubba, to be fair to the Germans, I think they have belatedly realized the extent of extremist Muslim immigrant infiltration into their territory, and are now doing something about it. In the efficient way they generally do things, I am certain they will soon prevail against the coalition of mosques. Had Germany not been such a convenient meeting place, the crazed ones could just as easily have used England, Italy, Spain, or upstate New York. In licking our wounds, sadly, I'm afraid we have no one but ourselves to blame.

Mike, I would not be so much worried about a Saudia pilot as I would the passengers they potentially carry. A 747-400 on final approach to Kennedy that suddenly strays is not likely to be stopped by F-16s before reaching its target. You must understand that the primitive savages who blindly target us, also target the current rulers of the Kingdom; a successful hijacking and crashing of a Saudia airliner into an American target would be a double coup for them.

To my knowledge, Saudia has not installed fortified cockpit doors (please correct me if I am wrong) or instituted any other special security procedures since 911. The Saudi Royal family is doing little more than paying lip service to the combat against extremist terrorists for fear of their own hides, while Saudi money continues to flow to questionable 'charities' in large amounts. Until fundamental changes occur within that country that provide us with reason to have confidence in them, let them eat cow pie.