PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QantasLink Seniority
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2002, 05:01
LightItUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the mis-conception about the total flight hours had been cleared up along time a go. Probably still one of those wifes tales that are still going around.

Let me add that I have no problem with any of the other Qantaslink prop drivers filing in on the 717 at the end of the list. If I were flying the Dash I too would like to try and move on over to the 717.

However I do have a big problem with the current proposal. It protects the pulse drivers seniority in regards to the 717-200, however if there is any other jet type that would possibly be given to Impulse then we go to the end of the list; according to the proposal it then reverts back to Qantaslink seniority.

So basically if the proposal were to go ahead it would ensure that the impulse pilots would fly the 717-200 and only the 717-200 for a very long time. Due to the fact that all Impulse crews would be assigned a seniority number on the date that we were taken over by big brother.

As it stands your not going to get many guys at Impulse to agree to giving up the oppurtunity to fly something bigger and better in the future. Simply put that is exactly what that proposal would like us to agree to by placing the number one guy at Impulse at the end of the Dash 8 seniority list in regards to any other aircraft to be introduced.