PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kemble - disgraceful behaviour - or not?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2011, 17:10
Rod1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“Well, pal, if we don't pay for the facilities, they will gradually disappear. “

Interesting argument but it does not hold true of reality. There are many more free or almost free landing sites within ½ and hour of me then there were 10 years ago and fewer licensed airfields which charge big bucks.

“How it is ok to pay 140quid an hour to fly a fourty year old heap of rust, then moan about 15 quid to land at a place with professional fire service, regularly swept runways, fuel, cust grass, CAA rules all met? Beggers belief.”

I would not pay £140 an hour to fly anything, but if you want to good for you. Pro fire cover has not saved a single GA life and the CAA have abandoned it as a requirement for flight training. More free landing sites offer me mogas than licensed airfields and the grass is just fine.

There is more than one way to view the world and for GA, the argument that you get what you pay for rarely works. The mantra that the more you know the less you pay (or the less you get ripped off) is far more appropriate.

Rod1