PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 14th Apr 2011, 16:25
fruitbat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You misunderstand, I'm not defending the salary. I'm just saying from BA's point of view they have what they've wanted for a long time, a young, motivated fleet with a very efficient rostering.

The total pot of money that BA spends on CC is never going to increase. All that could be done is the make that 'pot' distributed more fairly. So BG if you like, everyone on the old contract could give up 20 percent of their pay to increase the pay of MF.

Pilots have changed the way our income is distributed in the past, before 2002 SFO's on longhaul could earn much more than shorthaul Captains. We decided that wasn't fair so we changed it. There were some winners and some losers.

Unfortunately you want to keep your income the same, whilst lamenting at the fate of MF. MF is on such a low salary purely because you are still on a high salary. If you were willing to give up some, they could have more. But I don't think you're going to do that....