PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 14th Apr 2011, 15:59
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Fruitbat,

Yes that was her take home after HOST and NO I did not ask her what kind of withdrawals she made on her HOST card but I am sure it would be similar to most crew, enough to allow her to have some food and a few drinks and I very much doubt that she was spending it on champagne!!.

I think it is you, that is the troll and I find it very strange that you are so fast to defend the salary level on Mixed Fleet. I speak to flight crew daily on the airbus, that fly with Mixed Fleet crew, and 777 pilots commuting and I haven't met one yet that feels these crew are being paid enough. I think you will find that it is actually, you, that is in the minority with your views.

Unlike you, I actually know crew that are working on Mixed Fleet and I know that they are ALL very unhappy with the pay, some CSMs may be happy but those that were Worldwide crew before being CSMs are not so happy. Many crew have come from other airlines and are very aware that they are earning less than they were in their previous airline. This is fact Fruitbat and the market rate plus 10% is not what they have been receiving and many feel very let down.

The area surrounding LHR is the most expensive area in the whole of the UK to live in, and many are really struggling. Those that live further away, in less expensive areas of the UK, are struggling with the commute and the cost of travelling back and forth.

I am not going to apologise for highlighting this, as I and many other crew, both Mixed Fleeters; and crew from WW and E/F, want to see this situation improved.

The girl that I spoke to was a very keen Future Talent crew member and was very keen on Mixed Fleet working, and I was very surprised that she told me she was very unhappy with the salary and the rostering. She said, she also was very tired!

There are some, that want to see it fail, and they are actually, more than happy with these pay levels but I am a realist and realise that Mixed Fleet is here to stay, and as such, I want these people to be paid a living wage! You yourself, an out and out fan of what is happening to our airline, should realise that it will only work if the sallary attracts the best crew, not just thoes that are still living at home with their parents.

As for you saying that you feel 747girl is a troll; I think that is very unfair. If you look at her previous posts, you can clearly see that she has worked for other airlines, and has wanted to work for BA for quite some time. Many people are turning down the job due to the pay levels and I don't think it is fair to dismiss how she feels, as her just being a troll. Believe it or not but most Mixed Fleet crew are hoping that we all get merged together, for various reasons; but I like you don't believe this will happen, never the less many of them are hoping for it!!

Last edited by Betty girl; 14th Apr 2011 at 16:27.