PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mass exodus at TAM
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2011, 03:07
flyingswiss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now for foreigns it is even harder, you can`t get the license unless you speak Portuguese. When I got my CCF back in 2009 and you were able to do it in English, now you can`t anymore...the license will say Portuguese prof.

If you have the RNE and you get the CPL, it will say on the license that you can`t work....I`m sure you can find some kind of job, small taxi companies do all sort of illegal stuff, so it won`t be a problem to fly for them...

I met pilots with 150-200 hours on planes they have never even been on, but the company records shows that they flew them. In Fortaleza there is an operator with a King Air that that will sell you right time, you won`t be flying, you just have to go there and take to the cartorio the AC log get an authenticated copy, take it to ANAC, and voila` you can get several hour in your logbook.

I`m in Miami and I just met a crew training for TACV Cabo Verde, most of the pilots are from Brazil, the few locals I talked to told me they tried to get hired in Brazil, but they won`t allow them, most of them stay stuck on the L410 because Brazilians go over there and steal the ATR and bigger equip slots.....but guess what they don`t want foreign to go to Brazil. It`s the same deal in Mozambique and Angola...shame

You are Italian do a search about Brazilian pilots at Alitalia, and cabin crew in general. They had several pilots from Brazil flying the B767, Alitalia would get the training from Varig and they would allow many Brazilian to go over to Europe and fly there with no problems, but not the other way around.

When Crossair got the 145s, several pilots from RIO SUL got hired and had no problems to fly over there...

You still wanna fly in Brazil?

Last edited by flyingswiss; 14th Apr 2011 at 03:19.