PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 13th Apr 2011, 23:10
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prism

Juan you are correct. BA have been engaging alot of CSD's in discussions about latest initiatives. BA is moving the business forward; it has to. the union branches had their opportunity to be involved but without a facilities agreement and a prevailing IA situation they did not. BA is now managing and using its CSDs to manage and be involved in development.

Yes thats correct. I myself am involved in a 5-6 weekly meeting to discuss all the product/catering issues we have on shorthaul. It includes all ranks including importantly main crew. Same on longhaul. Five meetings on, we have started to move things on already, but the real benefit will be seen in 6-12 months time. Ironically crew have said for years " Why have the company not asked us the crew on how to do this and that" Thats now happening. Before it was the Bassa reps who inputted ideas/issues. I'll leave it to the rest of you to work out why things generally never moved forward. Hot towel in W/T plus anyone?

As an aside a crew member asked me the other week when I was asking for feedback about a particular issue we have at the moment, whether Bassa knew about this!! It was their opinion that they should be included. My answer was NO!! and hopefully never again. Their face was a picture!