PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2011, 15:38
All names taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not really surprised by this news but saddened for the people that will lose their jobs (and at Cardiff too).
By co-incidence I was looking to book a MAN - BHD flight only this morning and for the first time in a while, FlyBe were cheaper. Better than that, because they have far more flights, I don't have to get up so early. Come the Winter though I will be flying into BFS with Easyjet as BFS is handier for me at the other end. Basically Baby just handed over their BFS - MAN business to EZY

The irony of the timing of today's announcement is that it co-incides with the re-start of RYR flights to MAN, it's as if WW were saying 'we just can't compete'.

The whole BMI group is (if it isn't already) seriously running the risk of becoming a laughing stock. Their strategy seems to be not to have a strategy, meaning as a regular flyer, I wouldn't trust them being around much longer sadly....also meaning I won't be booking any of their flights.

Their press release even has to stretch the truth about mainline ops at MAN, saying they've started flights to FRA (they haven't, just lent a plane and crew to LH) and they started flying to BSL - this is for Swiss.