PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet New Ab-initio scheme :)
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2011, 13:35
flyboyweeksy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all have to take risks in order to achieve our goals. Some risks work out and others don't - it's all about a calculated risk.

As I see it there are risk on both sides:

The Individual - A financial risk with NO GUARANTEE of a job. However, it seems to me that OAA/Easyjet have put a rigorous selection procedure in place to select candidates that are likely to achieve extremely high standards and to be a lower training risk. The onus will then be on the individual to maintain high grades throughout the course and line training in order to gain employment with EZY/Parc.

OAA - They have put a selection procedure in place to ensure the lowest risk candidates are chosen. However, if they get it wrong and the individual is either chopped by OAA or Easyjet then OAA will do what is nescersary to transition that person over to a normal "(frozen) ATPL" at their expense.

So to the maths :-s

APP Course = £75k PLUS living expenses, PLUS a type rating (possibly). I believe a type rating ranges from £25k-£35k if self funded.

MPL Course = £85k INCLUDING a Type Rating, PLUS living expenses.

Taking all of the above into consideration and the potential gain at the end of the course I think I will be tempted to apply and invest in my future.

Good luck to everyone