PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 Jet jobs offers - 1 choice
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2011, 22:34
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In August last year you wrote.
I´m a CP-IR-MEL with about 330 hours, been looking for a flying job for more than a year from now, last month I went for an interview to work as an FO for Susi Air in Indonesia, a few days ago I received an answer that I have been approved and should start employment in october. last week I have been approved in a company that flies a learjet 35, my employment would be as a flight dispatcher firstly and make some ferry flights and then assume the position of FO when the currently pilot quits the company (god knows when), and yesterday at night I just received an email from a guy who wants me to fly his amphibian plane Lake renegade, he also has a bonanza so I could probably fly it as well in the future.

I live in Brazil, I really want to have the experience of living in another country (indonesia) flying more than 80hrs/month in brand new caravans, however the salary is crap and I heard a lot of bad issues about Susi Air on the web, another prob is that I would need to pay a bond of 2500usd to start working there.
the learjet problem is that Im not flying it right now, and those ferry flights couldnt be logged, the lear also flies very little, 20hours/month at most
the amphibian sounds like a lot of fun but its not a real job

any advices?
My advice is to be careful not to upset too many people with whatever you decide to do. You seem to have been very lucky to secure all these opportunities with so little experience. Clearly it is your life and you should do what is right for you as an individual. You say you have been happy with your 2 months employment as a "freight dog" so I am assuming this company hasn't treated you badly? They might be a little upset if you decide to leave them in the lurch after so little time.

I think you should decide what you want and then talk to the parties concerned. The risk (if that is what it is) is that you might end up with nothing at all.