PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 Jet jobs offers - 1 choice
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2011, 20:34
Varig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Jet jobs offers - 1 choice

Hi all

I´m a Commercial Pilot with 600hrs TT. 2 months ago I started employment in a cargo operator to fly a 727-200F, I have already finished the AC's ground course and I'm currently waiting to do the Simulator training in Miami that will be held on next month. Well, I can say that flying a 727 is the dream of nearly every Pilot, the salary is also quite good but its a small company with only one aircraft with another 2 coming god knows when. The thing is that last week I have been invited to do an interview in another airline that flies passenger's 737-300 and today I received the answer that I have been approved and should start the training next monday! I was happy with my 727 job but now I'm quite confused. Should I stay with the 727 that has always been the airplane of my dreams but in a small operator with no career stability or go to the 737 and stay there and make my career?

the pros for the cargo company are the 727, better salary, better social life and better environment in the company but the cons are that Im possibly wont have a chance to make a career in the company, the 727 type is not as good as the 737 for a future job in another place and i wont fly as much as the passenger airline

the pros for the passenger airline is that, as i said, the 737 type rating is much better for my profession, ill fly a lot and will be promoted to captain in maybe 4 years and, of course, the flight attendants . the cons are the lower salary, worst social life, i will have to live in another city (a not nice city by the way) and im sure i wont enjoy the job as much as being a freight dog. please guys I need some light cause i have to decide this week!

cheers