PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet New Ab-initio scheme :)
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2011, 19:13
stuckgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
£104,000

The sad thing is, there are some lunatics who will actually go for it.

back on page 1 of this thread, I asserrted..

Of course Easy are going to like it, they'll have a whole fresh bunch of lunatics that will have no option but to accept whatever sh1t contract they have dangled in front of them becuse they'll have a licence worth jack sh1t and be hog tied to easy becuase they wont have any paperwork of value on the market.

and was met with this response by KoK:

Why be so negative without a single fact to back it up?

I'm not having a pop at you KoK, the thing is some of us on this forum actually have considerable experience in the business/commercial aspects of aviation and have been about long enough to formulate a perception of what is being proposed.

You may think ohh but i'll suck it up for two years fly the max hours and then swan off with an ATPL. do you honestly think that is in EZ's best financial interests, as i said before:

how about these guys getting paid by block flying hour, yet being on duty till they are dead on their feet, flying maybe 300 hours per year, its less than minimum wage and yet they'll be bought and owned for what 5 years till they can even think about unfreezing and earning big time with the legacy carriers.

again, it's a cheap deal to get a load of right seaters hog tied into a situation where they have no option but to accept whatever bone they maybe thrown.
Soo what else can you do apart from fight like a pack dogs over what ever bone is thrown, becuase there wont be anywhere else to take the MPL along with the millstone of debt. That is commercial leverage.

Personally speaking I DO NOT want to see anymore wannabes with dreams and illusions expolited for commercial benefit of an operator or two, it is damaging to thie industry, to the larger pilot body and to your own individual security and futures.