PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caught the boss at it- What to do?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2002, 01:14
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again,

BLender is right, partly..., it is nice to take a ride for fun sometimes, however if you are the boss and own the choppers, do you really NEED to unhook the hobbs or is it just greed?

THIS IS NOT TO SUGGEST, that just poor pilot-employes should do that!!!!

As mentioned, it is not legal, so if you accept (what I would do, if you want to keep your job....) the fact, do it quiet, make your "notes" in your memorybank and decide how much you will accept before "enough is enough". Then simple say, that you will not fly the helicopter any more, because matter of fact it is out of time.
Your boss will not fire you, as he would have to count on some legal problems if you talk. If other pilots in the company (find out veeeeeery carefully....) agree, your boss will stop this practise, as he will have to fly everything himself from there on.......if he is not in the office, most likely business will suffer........................but thatīs all longterm.

Be sure, non of the helicopter-companies built any machine with exact time frames, they will always give TBOīs with the worst possible operation in mind. Depending how YOUR operation runs, I guess (!!!!AND THIS IS IT: MY UNEDUCATED GUESS!!!!!!!) most helicopters should have a safety margine on their various times of at least 30% - PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS NOT SO - ANYONE IN THE INDUSTRY? SOMEONE WHO KNOWīS BETTER!!!

PLEASE!! - NO ANSWER TO THIS, SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS AN "AGREED" TO MY OPINION!!!!

So, a little extra flying shouldnīt be an automatic death warrant (on the technical part - ....it is still illegal).

Personally I donīt agree with this practise, but I am afraid it is rather widespread practise - though I have no proof of this, either.

So, CH6, I say, donīt get caught doing it yourself, note the occasions and times if others do it, get the total summed up and decide when "enough is enough".

3top

.......Then it could still be: the boss forgot, the hobbs connection got loose, the hobbs switch got stuck (if it is on the collective....), they take the time by "wrist worn timepiece....",............donīt yell before you know, what you think you know!!!

to CH6:

Furthermore, I suggest that you kill "CH6" as soon as you are done with this thread. Get a different pprune-id.

I am not afraid that people find out about me, as I have a rather lose mouth anyway, and I say pretty much what I think about a certain "thread", and I stand up to it anyway (as on ocasion people do not on this forum.......anonymity is still a great thing to hide behind - you can sling mud a whole lot easier!!....no reference to you,CH6 - I believe THIS is a very serious issue and you are to be commended to bring it up! But those who surf "Rotorheads" regularly know what I mean....). However, you never know if someone identifies you.............

If you have more "sensitive" issues, change the name for each...and keep īem coming!!

3top