PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Sponsoring Illegal Pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2011, 07:00
Flap10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Immigration Office I spoke to was based at the Immigration headquarters in Washington....so, yes, my information on this subject is verified at the highest level.
What a bunch of bollocks....sorry...bull!!!! I highly doubt a senior official from Washington is going to tell an employee that his company has been violating all laws in a simple one on one chat. Do you really think readers are that gullible??

The difference is that CX actually BASED the pilots in the US.
Please explain to me the distinction in the eyes of US immigration when there is no limitation to a HKG based Canadian flying into the US and picking up an airplane to one that is, within the arrangements of Cathay deemed based. There is none! It's either legal or it isn't! There is absolutely no stipulation to how many times a HKG based Canadian is allowed to cross the border for the purposes of operating a foreign registered airplane. So because Cathay has labelled a group of pilots LAX based means nothing to US Immigration.

Your comments just don't add up! In order to have obtained citizenship through a Green Card you have to have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years I believe. How did you manage to not be based in the US and yet claimed US permanent residency to the Immigration officials. Could it be that you were telling them fibs, in which case you were violating immigration laws to serve your self interests.