PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Sponsoring Illegal Pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2011, 05:34
Tornado Ali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, the facts support my position, not undermine it. I did indeed look at the implications of living in Canada and commuting. After extensive research, it was clear that it would not be a sustainable situation (as has proved to be the case, hence the current panic to get legal status). I therefore spent considerable time and effort to obtain my US documents, and eventual citizenship. The company has played fast and loose with all sorts of shady arrangements for 16 years, and now they find that they have been violating the law all that time (as I was told by a top immigration official). I did it the right way, and it has been costly and time consuming. Myself and dozens of other AMERICANS are incensed that the company is going to treat a small group of pilots in an arbitrarily favorable manner at the expense of our expectatons. As I have said on several occasions now, would ANY OTHER base area's national pilot group accept that a large percentage of their precious base slots be occupied by people who aren't even from there, and furthermore probably won't live there but commute back to their actual homes and families? Rhetorical isn't it..?

As for my quoted comments, without the full context they are meaningless. Don't need to explain that further.