PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The latest from the Worlds "5 Star" Airline...
Old 9th Apr 2011, 04:21
Ajax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys ... just LEAVE

It took me a few years of worrying and waiting and talking about it in the cruise before I finally had enough and quit, it was the best thing I ever did. There is soooo many better jobs out there. I am getting same money as QR on contract in the far east, for half as much work and 0.0001% as much hassle and aggravation from the airline. No more feeling permanently tired and pissed off. No more night turn arounds to subcontinent, no more trying to sleep all day in AKG before next night flight, no more fake-smile from the cabin crew while they give me plastic cutlery and metal dogfood trays, no more "its not allowed captain", no more joke corrupt rostering, bla bla bla. Every time I even think about my time in QR it honestly feels like I was released from a jail.

You won't achieve anything by going on "strike" or mass sick day or whatever you want to call it. The pilot group is too fragmented and weak, and full of people with their own agenda. Some ass licker from you-know-what nationality (the one that thinks the only way to advance their own position is to report and backstab all others around them) will go running to the small man to make a report on whoever is organizing this thing before it even starts, and then they will be in Qatari jail or next flight home if they're lucky.

People talk and talk about it but that place will never change except for the worst, as long as AAB is alive and in charge. It's such a shame because there are some really good guys there who are completely powerless to improve the situation. Maybe I will re apply to come back the day I hear the small man has been run down by a landcruiser or sucked into a jet engine, until then MASALAMA