PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Sponsoring Illegal Pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2011, 03:22
Dragon69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you can't see that the new base rules require a wholesale rebidding effort, instead of this singular attempt to favor a particular subset of pilots
I don't agree with any of your logic. My understanding is that the L1 visa are being issued only to those that are already there, it is not as though CX will be issuing new visas to any Canadian wanting a base in the future. I agree with STP's comments.

For those Americans that had the opportunity and seniority to leave in the past they could have done so. The fact that the bases are full shouldn't require a whole set of new rules or a rebidding effort to accommodate one individual that is throwing a hissy fit because of the time and expense spent acquiring the Green card. There are some very senior Captains that will not be able to be based because their respective bases are full. Does that mean the rules should be changed to continually allow a senior pilot to bump out the most junior pilot from a base??

Despite what you think I also believe that there was nothing illegal in the previous setup, if you can show me anything to the contrary I will happily accept it.