PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th Apr 2011, 20:20
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We totally accept that it is extremely frustrating for you not to hear specifics, but please bear with us a little longer, we know what needs to be solved and your reps will be directly involved in trying to do so.

This does not mean that we will be successful
in this dialogue and the fact that we have remained fairly silent, communication wise, does not mean strike action has gone away, it has not, far from it, but we hope you will see the sense in exploring every opportunity first.
Um... anyone else note the interesting use of tense in this latest missive ? My reading of it is that BASSA reps have not been involved yet - hence the 'will be' which I suggest is aspirational rather than real. Sounds to me like BASSA have been excluded whilst the grown-ups talk. When they have reached an agreement BASSA will be told the outcome. Expect Len to do a repeat of Tony Woodley back in 2007. I'll wager that Unite will agree a deal. It will be along the lines of a new facilities agreement, return of staff travel and maybe something on the sick pay. The price will be that the sackings stand, Mixed Fleet stays, arbitration only on cases which arose directly from strike action - so none for gross misconduct, bullying and harassment etc. Staff travel is reinforced as non-contractual, oh and both sides drop any court action. May also include that Unite reforms the two branches.

I also think that they are softening the membership up for a massive climbdown. The statement about not being successful is very telling.

Any sign of those accounts yet BassaWitch ?