PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch -2
Thread: Monarch -2
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2011, 19:39
ExpectmorePayless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imagine my dismay when boarding the aircraft to find graffiti daubed in red ink along the side of the fuselage. Now I know airport security personnel seem to take more pleasure in frisking operating crews than patrolling the airport perimeter, but this was ridiculous.

On closer inspection, I realised the scrawl 'Congratulations Wills and Kate' wasn't the artwork (I use the term loosely) of some delinquent yoof but was the latest wheeze from the dozen strong PR, Media and Advertising team to keep themselves occupied. It is typical of the woolly air headed PR frenzy and so removed from reality. If indeed someone manages to read the scrawl, does the message do anything to prompt them to book a flight with Monarch. The answer is quite frankly no.

For goodness sake, get rid of them all. I'm sure I can do without a branded deckchair and ice lolly next time I visit a town centre sandpit and I certainly do not need to see internal office walls (for those office based staff who still have walls) plastered with promotional posters which are only visible to internal staff and the occasional visitor. Our customers simply require ready information on new and current routes and destinations, a competitive price and the level of service offered and expected at Monarch. Not a rotten branded lolly.

Meanwhile, our Human Resources Directorate (yes, they have their own director ) are expanding. The most recent recruit is a Group Learning and Development Manager. The poor dear knows nothing about the airline industry nor what people do at an airline. A high-powered recruit from the service sector, she spouts the standard mantra of delivering people development for the needs of our changing business. But it hasn't changed, we still fly people from A to B. The only change has been the end of years of profitability, those same years when such people did not exist. Shareholders take note

If savings are to be made then get rid of these leeches who do nothing but suck a good company dry while feathering their own nests.

Oh and while on the subject, I wish the Royal newlyweds well.