PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Sponsoring Illegal Pilots
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2011, 16:37
Flap10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apple314

Just because you have been working illegally in the US for 10 years, doesn't give you the right to continue to do so.
You keep repeating the above as though you are sure of yourself. For one thing there was nothing illegal about it. You keep forgetting the all important fact that Cathay is NOT a US registered company. You refer to the base as though it was always a US registered entity, which it never was. For all intents and purposes outside of Cathay there never really was a base in the eyes of the US authorities. Please explain to me the difference to a HK based Canadian pilot operating to LAX on a long layover and then the pilot making arrangements to fly to Canada and back again as a pax to visit family? Are you telling me that the pilot reentering the US to operate LAX-HKG is entering the US illegally?? Or a foreign cargo ship that docks in LAX and takes on an entirely new crew for the return journey. Are you telling me that these non US nationals employed by a foreign company, operating a foreign registered ship are entering the US illegally???

Tornado Ali

You keep using Sydney as an example, but you do realize that there are a few Kiwis based in Sydney and commute to Auckland. Yes yes I know that Kiwis do not require any VISAs, but by your analogy they are essentially preventing an Australian national from taking a Sydney base. The fact that one requires a VISA and one that does not is really semantics from your point of argument.