PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 8th Apr 2011, 10:06
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilotmike,
But whilst I absolutely applaud and agree with your statement about ensuring people get the best information from this thread, your statement itself is disingenuous.

Whilst I would perfectly accept that it is possible to train quicker than an integrated course, I would argue (Strongly) that those of you such as yourself, Johnny and Christian who have gone from 0-fATPL in LESS than an integrated course timescale are truly exceptional and not the rule.

This can be validated by the fact that full time ground school anywhere takes 6 months. Therefore anyone who can condense a PPL, 150 hours P1, night rating, MEP, CPL, IR, MCC and ATPL theory into 8 months should be applauded, but recognised as significantly above average. I think there's also an argument there (which I won't go in to) that anyone that has done this can not REALLY have learned the ATPL theory and quite possibly has overlooked key skills in the flying training.

As I say, I'm sure it CAN be done quicker than your fifteen month integrated course, but the truthful statement is PROBABLY that integrated will get most people to fATPL quicker than modular. To say otherwise is extremely disingenuous.