PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAe Jetstream 32 or B200 King Air type rating!
Old 8th Apr 2011, 08:57
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My $1m worth.
JAA rated J32.
ICAO rated B200.

For my money I'd avoid the J32.
Quite apart from any of the other very good reasons given so far, even if you get a job flying a Jetstream and were it to remain serviceable, the operator will be unlikely to have it for long enough for you to be able to begin to recoup your capital cost. It is certainly a Perf A two crew machine so you'd only be able to log accordingly. The 32 bears no resemblance to the 42 and is not a stepping stone in that direction, were you of that thinking.
The King Air is a superb machine to fly, far, far superior to the J32. There are lots of them in Africa as well so you might still eat bread and drink beer even on a validation of your UK CPL.
One further thought, if you've only 300 hours or 400 or even 500 hours and you put your logbook down in front of a interviewing chief pilot, he will probaby raise a slightly jaundiced eye at you if you've got a stack of King Air 200 time logged as P1 as opposed to P1 U/S for example.

Last edited by cavortingcheetah; 8th Apr 2011 at 09:25.