PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Sponsoring Illegal Pilots
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2011, 02:37
Tornado Ali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have absolutely no problem with what you describe. They can leave the slots vacant and crew them from HK. What is not acceptable is to give special treatment to a group of crew thereby blocking the base slots for many years to come. No other base, nor pilot group is being treated in such a manner. I should have the expectation of bidding into a US slot when I am able. I shouldn't have to see those slots occupied by people who not only are filling the slots in their own country, but are now (with CX's help!) filling the slots in MY country. To further add insult to injury, most of them are still living in Canada and commuting in and out of the US, thereby getting their cake and eating it to. Meanwhile, all of us yanks stuck in HK see years of basing unavailability in our home port. CX needs to completely revamp the basings concept, and rebid all slots based on seniority and residency....you know, like a company would do if they actually cared about following proper laws and being fair to all staff. As a person can only bid for a base in their home country, the base slots in each country are far more valuable than previously, and therefore MUST be reserved for legal residents of that country. No exceptions. CX need to allow all US based canadians to be based back in Canada....much as they did with the extra freighter slots. It's their screw up, started back in 1994. If you refuse to plan properly and try to cut corners, you eventually end up with the fiasco we are presently dealing with.