PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Sponsoring Illegal Pilots
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2011, 00:25
Apple314

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, there is not doubt that the Canadians have been knowingly working illegally in the US for years. Their regular place of business, where the majority, if not all of their work originates, is the US. When crossing the border, they are specifically prohibited from engaging in employment, which they chose to ignore. However they and the company try to justify it in their minds, it's still illegal, or why would they now be applying for, and paying alot or money for: WORK VISA'S.

Im sure the company hasn't provided US Immigration with the entire truth also. They are claiming that these captains are "essential" to the operation and that no other suitably qualified US citizen can do the job. Obviously a bold faced lie. If you think that because one or two have already got these visa approved that its a sure thing, you are mistaken. US Immigration is just a small insignificant pawn in this game. Do you think any Congressional Representatives know about this? Senators? Local media outlets looking for a story about the pillaging of American jobs to Canada? Think Customs and Border Control has any idea of foreigners coming in and out of the country under the radar to operate Large Airliners without proper documentation? Think ALPA lawyers would say its okay for foreign pilots to be flying out of a LAX base claiming that no American can do the job? Do the Teamsters know that US based Canadians without visas are operating internal flights: ANC-SFO-LAX, MIA-DFW, ATL-MIA, etc? What about the California State Tax Agency, who also claims a ~10% tax on World Wide Income for California based jobs? Ever reported to them with your tax waiver Sadde6?

Though it may seem otherwise, my anger is NOT directed at Canadians, it is against a morally corrupt company, that shows favoritism to some, and utter disregard to others. Just like you Sadde6, I have a family to look after. The company wont allow Americans to have a base anywhere else, but allow, promote, and now assist others to come onto the only base we are capable of getting. Just as you said, you got my base for the next 20 years. FO pay aint going to cut it that long. So just like you have to do right for your family, I must for mine.

The company AND the AOA(dont know why i still pay dues) have tried to keep this quiet and out of sight, for obvious reasons, but if we are to make this an equitable environment for ALL our pilots, then this cannot be allowed to go on. This isnt a vendetta against the Canadians, its a call for change and equality for the pilot group. For those senior who want the base, for those who would like to get a visa paid for and organized by the company, and also for my future. How many "exceptions" should be allowed? None. If so then everyone would claim a right to one and keep screwing each other.

So if you agree, then email your Congressman, your local news station, the AOA, the company, US Immigration, US ALPA, the Teamsters Union, California State Tax Agency, Obama, let them know how you feel about this issue. They all love a good cause...

(by the way, thanks for motivating me Sadde6, I was happy to just discuss this and vent a little on PPrune, but now you've inspired me. see you in LAX, if they open up the base that is)