PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Qantas to cut flights and jobs"
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2011, 23:49
ANCDU

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Capt Kremin, I thought that too about the Qantas brand being deliberately destroyed, I thought that we just had awful management! But unfortunately the longer this goes on the more I seem to realise that this seems to be their aim.Why? simple.....the current management at Qantas surely couldn't be as inept as it is, there must be a plan. The board must have knowledge of a long term plan that we have no knowledge of.

Qantas domestic is a huge money spinner for the airline especially at the moment, but you NEVER hear Mr Joyce spruiking how good it is or patting the domestic troops on the back.You only ever hear how good J* is at helping the airline. Apparently the leisure market is struggling, wouldn't you stop capacity growth and save costs there too? No, thats not the Qantas management way, we need to expand it and blame everything on the Long Haul business.

I had to laugh at the BB email that Qantas pilots are trying to damage the J* brand that they had worked so hard at building. Simple..there would never have been a J* brand without Qantas mainline, they would never have had an instant network with instant passengers if it wasn't for Qantas mainline. BB did nothing to build an airline, he built it by taking patronage of the parent..simple. Some say Qantas would not have survived without J*, i don't agree anymore.I feel sick saying this but i feel this is the beginning of the end of Qantas as we know it...its not just the VB planes that will be rebranded soon. I always wondered what A320's would look like in Qantas colours.