PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Sponsoring Illegal Pilots
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2011, 08:52
Avius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As with the Amsterdam base situation, I think, the company is doing the right thing, to make sure the Canadian guys can stay at their US bases. I'm a US citizen and possibly affected by this, but come on, there are more important moral issues at hand here. To do something by choice is not the same as being forced to.

The canadian guys took the bases when they were available to them and under the premise, that they will be able to commute to and from work. They have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Given that assurance, their families have adjusted their entire lives and to take that away -just because some government buerocrats changed their mind- is just plain wrong.

I would expect the company to do the same thing for me and my family if it was the other way around.

Some people on this forum are talking as if seniority is the "holy grail" of everything. It might be so for the initial bidding of a base, but once based, many other criteria come into play, seniority being just one of them.

That is how it works everywhere in the world - except the USA. Personally, I believe, the US style seniority system is nothing but a form of ponzi scheme, that has helped to create unprofitable Airlines, resulting in equal dissatisfaction amongst airline employees, passengers and shareholders alike.

A system with no winners, except the few with tenure at the top of the seniority lists.

Last edited by Avius; 6th Apr 2011 at 09:26.